How to Build Muscle Mass Fast at Home?
There are times when you the gym feels like an unpleasant chore. Fortunately, you can lose weight and build muscle in the privacy of your home so you are free to use as background your favorite workout songs and sweat in solitude. There are some quick and easy dumbbell-based workout routines designed to efficiently improve your physique and eliminate flab.
Dumbbells are versatile, inexpensive, and easy-to-use weights that allow you create a multitude of workouts. Depending on the pace at which you use them, number of repetitions and amount of weight you use, dumbbells can help you burn calories, improve cardiovascular fitness, increase muscular endurance or build muscle.
We will explain here 9 killer dumbbells exercises to build lean muscle at home.
1. DB Chest Press
The DB chest press mimics closely the bench press exercise, one of the favorites among weightlifters everywhere. This exercise is designed to work your triceps, shoulders and chest muscles. It is recommended to limit the range of the motion in case that you have lower-back, elbow or shoulder problems.
How to perform the exercise:
- Lie on the bench with your feet flat on the ground and one dumbbell in each hand.
- It it is more comfortable, you can rest your feet up on the bench.
- Push the dumbbells up so that your palms are up and your arms are directly over your shoulders.
- Tilt your chin toward your chest and pull your abdominal in.
- Until your elbows are slightly below your shoulders, lower the dumbbells a little down and to the side.
- Accentuate your chest by rolling your shoulder blades back and down.
- Take care not to lock your elbows and push the weights back up.
2. Goblet Squat
The goblet squat is another killer dumbbells exercise that may more effective in muscle building than all other exercises combined. Here are the steps to follow:
- Start with a light dumbbell that weighs somewhere in the range between 25 and 50 pounds. Stand with the dumbbell hold vertically by one end and tightly hugged against your chest.
- Lower into a squat pointing down your elbows.
- Use your lower back, hips, and legs as a unit and return to the initial position.
3. Split Squat (Rear Foot Elevated)
• Hold a dumbbell in the goblet position and rest your right foot top on a bench behind you.
• Tighten your left leg muscles, lowering yourself for 5 seconds.
• Push forcefully back up.
4. Renegade Row
The renegade row is a multi-joint, multi-purpose exercise designed to increase strength in the biceps, triceps, shoulders and back. Throughout the motion range, this two-in-one exercise will actively engage your core.
Step by step instructions:
• Place two dumbbells shoulder-width apart on the floor.
• With the weights hold firm in your hands, start in the pushup top position.
• While switching to balance on the other feet and hand, row one weight up in a motion going towards the side of your body.
• Slowly return the weight to the start position after holding it at the top for one second. Then repeat same steps on the other side.
5. Alternating Shoulder Press
The alternating dumbbell shoulder press focuses on the triceps and shoulders. You can change your hand position by using dumbbells, which changes the focus placed on the shoulders. This makes the exercise an effective way to add variety to your training routine.
How to perform it:
- Select an appropriate weight and hold the dumbbells at shoulder height for your starting position.
- Extent through the elbow to press directly over head on side, keeping your chest and head up.
- After pausing for a few moments at the top, repeat on the opposite side.
6. Dumbbell Clean
- Begin standing with feet apart at shoulder width and with a dumbbell in each hand.
- By flexing at the hips and knees, lower the weights to the floor. Until the dumbbells reach the floor, push your hips back.
- By extending the ankles, knees and hips, violently jump upward to initiate the movement and accelerate the weights upward. Keep your arms straight and maintain a neutral grip on the dumbbells until full extension is reached.
- Re-bend the knees and hips after full extension in order to receive the weight. Guide the dumbbells to your shoulders and allow the arms to bend.
- With the weights on your shoulders, extend the knees and hips to finish in a standing position upon receiving the weight in the squat position.
7. Farmers’ Walk
- The farmers walk can be performed with heavy dumbbells.
- Stand between the implements for your starting position.
- Lift the dumbbells up by keeping your head up and your back straight.
- Walk taking quick and short steps. Move as fast as possible for a given distance, usually 50-100 feet.
8. Cross Body Hammer Curl
- With a dumbbell in each hand, stand up straight. Your palms should facing in and your hands should be down at your side.
- As you exhale, curl the dumbbell of the right arm up towards your left shoulder without twisting your arm. Hold the contraction for a second while touching the dumbbell top to your shoulder.
- As you inhale, slowly lower the dumbbell along the same path. After you are done, repeat the same movement for the left arm.
9. One Arm Swing
- Place the dumbbell between your feet.
- Push back with your butt while bending your knees in order to start.
- Look straight ahead and make sure that your back is flat. Swing forcefully the dumbbell between your legs.
- Quickly reverse the direction. Repeat after letting the dumbbell swing back.
Dumbbells are small weights resembling single-piece barbells. You can purchase them in various weight options. Heavier dumbbells can be used in bodybuilding. They are inexpensive fitness equipment used often for strength training. You can tone up your entire body or build some lean muscle mass with the help of dumbbells. By adding to your aerobic routine some light dumbbells, you can also increase the overall caloric burn.
Joint-isolation exercises often use dumbbells. Dumbbells are also used for multi-planar, full-body movements in order to provide a variety of strength outcomes. It also offers benefits for flexibility and cardio respiratory fitness. The 9 killer dumbbells exercises presented above are best for using lean muscle at home.