Orlistol is being touted by its manufacturers as a weight-loss pill. It is supposed to work by reducing absorption of fat and carbohydrates.
Orlistol is popular and is widely recommended by diet experts. We check the effectiveness or otherwise of this dietary supplement.
About the company
Orlistol is manufactured and marketed by Nutratech Health. The company sells their products through their official website. They are known for the manufacture other popular health and diet supplements like Altrafen and Aprazium.
Claims by the company
Nutratech claims that Orlistol works in weight loss in the following ways.
- Orlistol reduces the absorption of Fat and Carbohydrates
- The Drug reduces food intake by suppressing your appetite.
- It burns fat faster
- It is a dietary supplement
The main ingredients in the drug are:
- Chitosan – Reduces the intake of fat and cholesterol
- Phaseolus Vulgaris – Suppresses the absorption of carbohydrates
- GymnemaSylvestre – Known to reduce the absorption of sugar.
- Aloe Vera Extract – Used as a digestive
- California Buckthorn – Is a known laxative
- Garcinia Cambogia – Said to reduce appetite and help in weight loss
How Does Orlistol Work?
Orilistol is supposed to work in weight loss by reducing the absorption of fat and carbohydrates. It also contains ingredients that reduce the absorption of sugar.
The drug contains ingredients that will reduce your appetite. It also contains laxatives that will help in regular bowel movements and are known to help weight loss.
- The company that produces the drug is known for its dietary supplements
- The drug has ingredients that are known to produce the effects claimed
- The drug prevents intake of food in between meals
- There are no proven side effects to the drug
- It is widely recommended by dietary experts
- There is no mention of the ingredients added to the drug
- There have no clinical studies done on the drug
- Many of the ingredients themselves have not been clinically tested
- The ingredients tested on patients have not given any clear result that they help in weight loss.
There have not been any solid evidence of this drug bringing about weight loss unless accompanied by strict diet and exercises.
Where to Buy Orlistol?
Orlistol can be purchased directly from the company’s website. The drug is also available in major online marts like Amazon and E-Bay.
Is Orlistol a Scam?
Most users of the drug have asserted that there has been no weight loss unless it is taken while dieting and exercising regularly.
That it is not clinically tested or proven only adds to the doubt whether the drug genuinely has any effect on loss of weight. That it is very expensively point to the fact that this could be a money spinning program.
Orlistol Side Effects
One of the main ingredients Chitosan can cause bloating, constipation, flatulence and stomach pain. The side effects of another ingredient Garcinia Camboga include nausea, head-ache, fatigue and insomnia.
Aloe Vera is supposed to have an impact on the digestive system and could result in stomach crams and diarrhoea. Some of the other ingredients are known to cause a lowering of potassium levels.
Looking at the various aspects it can be concluded that Orlistol is not just not effective but also is potentially dangerous for the human body.
There have not been any studies to prove that consuming the medicine has resulted in weight loss. The absence of specific information on how much of each ingredient is added, is also a deterrent to using this product.